Translucence is leading the revolution in histology from thin tissue sections to whole organ 3D visualization. We are a rapidly growing research-focused biotech startup that has recently taken on Phase II funding from the NIH Brain Initiative.
We are looking for a Scientist to work within our Biology group to develop state-of-the-art next-generation histology assays. Tasks will include optimizing whole-tissue staining, clearing and imaging protocols, generating novel analysis routines, and summarizing results for publication or reporting.
The selected candidate will report directly to the scientific leadership team and work with a diverse group of researchers across multiple disciplines. The Scientist will lead research efforts on various projects, designing experiments, generating timelines, and executing experiments and data analyses in a timely manner. Candidates must have a demonstrated record of scientific productivity, creativity and rigor.
Strong organizational and communication skills will be critical for success in the role. While pre-clinical Neuroscience is a primary focus of our research currently, we welcome candidates from all biological disciplines.
If you are interested in developing state-of-the-art assays, enjoy creating new tools, and would like to work in a team-oriented environment, please apply.
We are located in the research park next to UC Irvine. Irvine is in Orange County, California, where a growing hub for biotech startups is situated, and it is close to amazing food, biking/hiking trails and beaches. This position is ideal for a recent Ph.D. graduate interested in making an impact on scientific knowledge by contributing to development of exciting new tools to expediate and enrich the way scientific discoveries are made across multiple disciplines.
- Ph.D. degree in Neuroscience, Immunology, Oncology or other biology discipline
- Extensive immunostaining experience, ideally with tissue clearing methods
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative image analysis
- Computational skills, including experience with Python or bash scripts
- Proven ability to operate in a collaborative team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Design, perform, analyze and rigorously document experiments
- Lead research projects and coordinate activities of research associates
- Present data to research teams, management and communicate findings in publications, posters and conference presentations
- Manage collaborations with industry and academic partners
- Assist with writing manuscripts, reports, grant applications and patent filings
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume
We will contact you shortly to discuss further details