Translucence is leading the revolution in histology from thin tissue sections to whole organ 3D visualization. We are a rapidly growing research-focused biotech startup that has recently taken on Phase II funding from the NIH Brain Initiative.
We are looking for Research Associates to work within our Biology group to help develop state-of-the-art next-generation histology assays and serve our clients. The selected candidate will report directly to the scientific leadership team and work with a diverse group of researchers across multiple disciplines. Strong organizational and communication skills will be critical for success in the role.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter; eager and capable of working in the rapidly evolving work environment. Willingness to take on new challenges is critical. While pre-clinical Neuroscience is a primary focus of our research currently, we welcome candidates from all biological disciplines.
If you are interested in developing state-of-the-art assays, enjoy creating new tools, and would like to work in a team-oriented environment, please apply.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors in Neuroscience, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.
- 2-3 years extensive Laboratory research experience, ideally in biotech
- Immunostaining experience, ideally with tissue clearing methods
- Microscopy experience, ideally with light sheet microscopes
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative image analysis, ideally using machine learning
- Computational skills, including experience with Python
- Experience with CRM and project management software
- Ability to coordinate research with external clients and collaborators
- Proven ability to operate in a collaborative team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Design, perform, analyze, and rigorously document experiments
- Perform tissue clearing experiments
- Image cleared tissues on a light sheet microscope
- Analyze 3D images using machine learning-enabled software tools
- Work with computer scientists to develop and test new data processing routines
- Present data internally and to clients and collaborators
- Manage multiple ongoing projects with clients and collaborators
- Administrative tasks such as placing orders and managing inventory
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume
We will contact you shortly to discuss further details