Translucence is a rapidly growing research-focused biotech leading the revolution in histology from thin tissue sections to whole organ 3D visualization and machine learning enabled quantification.
We are looking for Research Associates to work within our Biology group to help develop state-of-the-art next-generation histology assays and serve our clients. The selected candidates will report directly to the scientific leadership team and work with a diverse group of researchers across multiple disciplines. Strong organizational and communication skills will be critical for success in the role. If you are interested in developing state-of-the-art assays, enjoy creating new tools, and would like to work in a team-oriented environment, we’d like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter; eager and capable of working in a rapidly evolving work environment.
Willingness to take on new challenges is critical.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors in Neuroscience, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.
- 2-3 years extensive Laboratory research experience
- Immunostaining (IHC) experience (tissue clearing experience is a bonus)
- Microscopy and image analysis experience (particularly with light sheet microscopes)
- Computational skills, including experience with Python
- Familiarity with bioinformatics and statistical analysis methods
- Experience with project management software
- Proven ability to operate in a collaborative team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Embrace our customer-centric, science-driven collaborative culture
- Design, perform, analyze, and rigorously document experiments
- Perform immunohistochemistry and tissue clearing experiments
- Image samples on confocal and light sheet microscopes
- Analyze images using machine learning-enabled software tools
- Prepare, present and discuss data at internal meetings
- Produce project reports for clients and collaborators
- Generate scientific presentations and attend workshops and conferences
- Help with administrative tasks such as placing orders and managing inventory
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume
We will contact you shortly to discuss further details