At Translucence we are developing tools and technologies to enable the dimensional shift from 2D to 3D imaging of biological tissue. We are a rapidly growing, tool-development focused, biotech startup that has recently taken on Phase II funding from the NIH Brain Initiative.
We are looking for enthusiastic full-stack developers interested in creating novel analysis and visualization products for teravoxel-scale image data with application to neuroscience, medical technologies and beyond. If you want to work with a company at the forefront of big-data, image analysis, AI, or data visualization, look no further.
We are looking for full-stack engineers with at least 5 years of professional experience. Engineers will be working on software with application to biology and so must demonstrate creativity, and ability to adapt to new concepts. Engineers will be working from the ground up to develop new consumer-facing products aimed at biological researchers. Therefore, broad knowledge in front-end, databases, data orchestration, and algorithm development is preferred.
Strong organizational and communication skills will be critical for success in the role.
- 5+ years’ experience within a Software Engineering role.
- Experience in Full Stack or Web Development.
- Python (Advanced proficiency).
- Experience working with 3D image data (NumPy)
- Experience designing UI/UX.
- Experience with database implementation and design (SQL or NoSQL).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Up to date on current software trends and frameworks.
- Experience in C++ or Cython.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with agile development.
- Remote applications are encouraged, but preference will be given to applicants around the Irvine, CA area who can be in office at least 2 days a week.
- We provide 401(k) matching.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume
We will contact you shortly to discuss further details